Skip to main content

Remember Rightly.

How quickly we forget. 

As I've studied scripture over the last year, I see a common theme of humanity: we forget SO easily what God has done for us.
And this common theme of God speaking to his people: Remember. Remember rightly.

You all know that person, the one who loves to tell stories, gets so animated and excited, but over time the same story starts to change, not intentionally, but just as human nature. The story hasn't been remembered properly. My sister-in-law's husband does this to a fault. He's a GREAT story-teller, but his memory for what actually happened, cannot always be trusted. It makes for some hilarious exaggerated stories.

Because: we FORGET. And as the Israelites did throughout all of their history, this forgetfulness leads us to despair, to doubt, to disbelief that God is there for us.

So. Here, over 4 years since my last blog post, I decided it's time to share some of my story. To remember, as rightly as I can, the goodness of the Lord to me. And to share that goodness with you.

Perhaps it will only be for me, to reflect, process and live in gratitude for his gifts.
Or, perhaps one of you could see his goodness as well, or may be able to take something away from the flailing ways I've maneuvered what's been handed to me in this life.

I'm SUCH a researcher, reading people's blogs and life experiences, looking to learn something from someone who's been through it before. And I realized, there's been some pretty unique things that have been shaped into my life, that perhaps, somewhere, someone is looking for more insight into.

So. Here we go. This will be sporadic, some chronological story-telling, some exposure to that which you may be unfamiliar, and hopefully: ALL glorifying to our God, who cares for all the details, and can be seen in each part of our lives.

If, we REMEMBER.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avery's Birth Story

This is our firstborn, our daughter Avery's birth story. While I believe every birth story is beautifully full of pain and joy, I understand that this might be hard for some people to read, so I wanted to just give a heads up: This includes beautiful photos of our little girl, who was stillborn. I am going to share the details of her birth, which even for living children, can be a bit much for some to read. It's written haltingly, in mere facts; my thoughts and commentary may come in other posts, but this is mainly to tell a story. This is a story of life and death. This is the story of an immense love, a profound loss, and a good God. Yes, He is good even in this. Avery Michelle. I was 29 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy had been relatively normal. I have Ulcerative Colitis, which had flared up at 5 weeks pregnant, and I had been pretty sick off and on during the 6+ months I was carrying our baby. We had been nursing my UC with prednisone and enemas to keep thin

I miss you in the exact same moments.

Today marks eleven months since our daughter Avery died inside me.  Eleven months since we saw her beautiful face for the first and last time. Eleven months of feeling so proud to have had her as our child, and so broken that we didn't get to keep her here with us.  And in a couple days, our second daughter will be born. Not even a whole year since we said goodbye.  As many moms that have lost their babies too soon would tell you, pregnancy after loss is not for the faint of heart. Our story of getting pregnant again is an incredible one. Every time I think about it, it floors me. (See our previous blog post). God has gifted us AGAIN with another beautiful daughter.  But, there are pieces of it all that I find myself pulled in every direction. Every time someone congratulates me on being pregnant, a part of me wants to scream about it, knowing that there is no guarantee we get to bring home this baby girl. A part of me wants to stop them and tell them about the beautifu

Our Second Child.

There is no way to talk about the joy of our second baby on the way without explaining a little more of the events leading up to this pregnancy. I begin this post with deep love and prayer, knowing our joy has the potential to bring pain to those who are not in the same place of joy. I write this with a new level of sensitivity, knowing that pregnancy announcements can bring up a myriad of emotions. To those who are longing for their own pregnancy or missing little ones they had to say goodbye to, I write this with all the love that I can. I do not know why God allows us to go through those pains or feel those longings; or why it is so different for each of us. But, this is the story God is writing for us; and we will speak it openly with joy, for he deserves all the praise for this sweet story.  As you most likely know, our daughter Avery was stillborn on August 21, 2018, when I was 29 weeks pregnant. The loss of her life was, and is, the most painful thing I've walked