Skip to main content

You will not leave us alone.

I have been blessed today.

You will not leave me alone.
You keep pestering me, poking at those parts of me that I pretend are fine.
You will not leave me.

You will not let me remain where I am.
You keep pushing me, a soft nudge here and there.
You will not let me remain.

You will fight for me.
You ask me to take up my weapons, muster my strength, and stand at your side.
You will fight.

At times I find myself overjoyed at your goodness to me. How is it that I am yours? How is it that you care so deeply for my growth that you will not let me stay. You give me time. You give me space. And then, in your goodness, your prod me on. Pushing me to take the next courageous step into growth.

You do it with grace.

You do it with love.

You do it with joy and kindness.

You do not fight against me, wanting to see me struggle and fail.

You will fight for me. I need only be still. - Ex. 14:14



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Avery's Birth Story

This is our firstborn, our daughter Avery's birth story. While I believe every birth story is beautifully full of pain and joy, I understand that this might be hard for some people to read, so I wanted to just give a heads up: This includes beautiful photos of our little girl, who was stillborn. I am going to share the details of her birth, which even for living children, can be a bit much for some to read. It's written haltingly, in mere facts; my thoughts and commentary may come in other posts, but this is mainly to tell a story. This is a story of life and death. This is the story of an immense love, a profound loss, and a good God. Yes, He is good even in this. Avery Michelle. I was 29 weeks pregnant. My pregnancy had been relatively normal. I have Ulcerative Colitis, which had flared up at 5 weeks pregnant, and I had been pretty sick off and on during the 6+ months I was carrying our baby. We had been nursing my UC with prednisone and enemas to keep thin...

Our Second Child.

There is no way to talk about the joy of our second baby on the way without explaining a little more of the events leading up to this pregnancy. I begin this post with deep love and prayer, knowing our joy has the potential to bring pain to those who are not in the same place of joy. I write this with a new level of sensitivity, knowing that pregnancy announcements can bring up a myriad of emotions. To those who are longing for their own pregnancy or missing little ones they had to say goodbye to, I write this with all the love that I can. I do not know why God allows us to go through those pains or feel those longings; or why it is so different for each of us. But, this is the story God is writing for us; and we will speak it openly with joy, for he deserves all the praise for this sweet story.  As you most likely know, our daughter Avery was stillborn on August 21, 2018, when I was 29 weeks pregnant. The loss of her life was, and is, the most painful thing I've walked ...

White Owl

I now live in Alaska. It snowed a couple times this week, also known as September . Two weeks ago, after a challenging and confusing summer, after a wonderful goodbye party thrown by my mom and sister, I boarded my first flight to my destination: sweet, small little Galena, Alaska. After five flights, four time zones, fainting twice on one flight, one hotel room, a buffalo burger with a friend, jet lag, and a 16 passenger plane, I made it. I was picked up by my dear friends Amanda and Jake, and  they showed me around my new home while filling me in on what life has been like in Galena. Flying somewhere over Canada. Flying into Anchorage, AK Little 16 passenger plane you cannot stand upright in. Somewhere between Fairbanks and Galena It is small village of about 500 residents, on the Yukon river, and is surrounded by marshland - hence, the only flying in and out the village. I was amazed at the fact that the season of fall was in full force while at ho...